Role and Responsibilities
Responsible for routine drafting projects, such as the preparation of various drawings of structures and equipment systems derived from layouts, sketches and physical measurements. Relies on instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job.
· Reverse engineering of fabricated parts
· Create 2D and/or 3D CAD layout drawings
· Support production competently by managing current drawings and CNC programs for laser and pressbrake operations.
· Manage and process contract fabrication jobs.
· Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
Incumbent shall have an AA degree and at least one year of experience in CAD design utilizing 3D models, OR five years of CAD experience. Knowledge of sheet metal layout, precision machined part and weldment drawings as well as Dimensioning and Tolerancing drawings. Computer knowledge/keyboarding skills is required. Excellent oral, written, organizational and communication skills are necessary. Experience with the use of Calipers, Micrometers, Basic Shop tools and the ability to sketch freehand is a plus
• Ability to establish rapport and present information as well as respond to questions
• Ability to work independently
• Strong organizational skills
• Excellent attention to detail
• Ability to talk and hear frequently as well as reach and use hands-finger objects and tools
• Good attendance/punctuality
• Strong work ethic
• Ability to work with others/teamwork
• Ability to sit for extended periods of time (up to 8 hours)
• Ability to problem-solve
An office setting (desk, chair, etc.) that is both carpeted and has linoleum flooring. The use of stairs may be necessary, yet an elevator is available. The office environment is air conditioned/heated and the noise level can vary from normal to high depending on the volume of telephone calls and occasional warehouse production onsite. A warehouse setting with concrete floors may also be presented. The temperature will vary with the seasons (hot/cold). The use of stairs may be necessary, yet an elevator is available. The noise level is loud.