EDCO, a leading manufacturer of surface preparation, floor grinding, removal, and professional sawing equipment is hiring a customer technical support advisor to assist customers with troubleshooting and diagnosing EDCO products.
Incumbent would be responsible for responding to customer requests and questions regarding technical service of EDCO’s products and represent the company to customers in a way that promotes a positive relationship from the perspective of the customer.
· Respond to incoming customer requests/questions by telephone in a timely, courteous, and professional manner to ensure customer satisfaction with regard to EDCO equipment and parts orders.
· Process all telephone, faxed, and e-mailed customer orders in a prompt manner to ensure customer satisfaction
· Respond to all customer service calls, including returned goods, application questions, issues with orders, and customer complaints, in a courteous and professional manner. Follow-up on these issues promptly to ensure customer satisfaction
· Notify customers of back orders and order status, using a computer, in a timely manner to ensure customer satisfaction
· Communicate customer’s service issues and the follow-up actions to immediate supervisor in a timely manner
· Update Sales Department of customer service issues, customer needs, application problems, training needs, new ideas, etc.
· Continue to expand and update your knowledge of EDCO’s product line through regular internal and external training
· Other duties as assigned
Qualifications and Education Requirements
2 years previous experience or equivalent in customer service and construction, manufacturing or equipment rental industry preferred. Excellent oral and written communication skills, basic computer & keyboarding skills required.
• Ability to establish rapport, present information and respond to questions using the telephone or computer
• Ability to work independently
• Strong organizational skills
• Excellent attention to detail
• Ability to talk and hear frequently
• Ability to occasionally reach with hands and arms
• Good attendance/punctuality
• Strong work ethic
• Ability to work with others/team work
• Ability to sit for extended periods of time (up to 8 hrs. in one day, 5 days per week)
• Ability to problem-solve
• Lifting as required (up to 20 lbs.)
Personal protective Equipment:
• Safety glasses
• Steel-toed shoes
• Ear plugs
An office setting (desk, chair, etc.) that is both carpeted and has linoleum flooring. The use of stairs may be necessary, yet an elevator is available. The office environment is air conditioned/heated and the noise level can vary from normal to high depending on the volume of telephone calls and occasional warehouse production onsite. A warehouse setting with concrete floors may also be presented. The temperature will vary with the seasons (hot/cold). The use of stairs may be necessary, yet an elevator is available. The noise level is loud.
Job Type: Full-time